What happens when the user designated to review AFPs on a project is tied up in a meeting? What if the lien officer is out on vacation? To address this issue, GCPay created a feature called Backup Users. As the name implies, this feature allows users with Admin and User Admin permissions to designate users as backups for other users. When enabled, a backup user assumes the permissions and access of the primary user and can act on their behalf. This helps maintain workflow integrity without sacrificing speed or compromising security (no need to share credentials).
Follow the instructions below to set up backup users. Only Admins and User Admins can assign Backup Users.
- Click Settings on the top right side of your screen.
- Select Users from the menu on the left.
- Right-click on the name of a user to assign them as a Backup User for other users in your organization. Backup Users can be added and deleted at any time.
To act as a backup for another user, follow the instructions below:
- Login to your account and select Projects from the primary navigation.
- At the bottom of the Projects table, click the Backup Users dropdown and select the user you want to backup.
- When you assume the backup role for another user:
- The Projects table will update to reflect the project(s) that the user has access to.
- The profile information in the top right corner will update to reflect your current state as a backup user for the primary user.